Designed to meet the needs of all laboratory personnel who use pipettes, this one-day, hands-on training seminar is conducted at your facility. Participants will learn pipette mechanics, as well as how to standardize proper technique, identify causes of pipette failure, and recognize ergonomic risk factors and sources of stress. Participants are awarded a Gold, Silver, or Bronze pipetting medal and an official Artel Certificate of Proficiency after passing both the written and practical exams.
- Pipettes in the Laboratory Overview
- Mitigating Pipette Operator Variability
- Pipette Ergonomics
Customizable modules are available for pipette repair and preventive maintenance and multichannel pipetting technique.
Part I – Pipettes in the Laboratory Overview
- Understand the mechanics of pipettes
- Identify causes of pipette failure
- Define guidelines on calibration frequency, number of data points, and tolerance limits
- Assess the need for operator training with guidelines for training and testing
Part II – Mitigating Pipette Operator Variability
- Perform “as-found” operator proficiency evaluation
- Participate in hands-on standardized technique training session
- Apply new skills in a post-training practical exam
Part III – Ergonomics
- Recognize risk factors, sources of stress, common problems
- Discuss laboratory and workstation design
Part IV – Written Test Covering the Day’s Topics
As someone who has worked in the lab for ~18 years, it was very helpful to attend a formal training seminar on pipetting that was both informative and fun.
I had learned so much in a day about pipettes and pipette technique to improve my pipetting ability.
The Artel Pipetting Proficiency Training and Certification seminar not only gave us a better understanding of how to pipette, but why it helps us pipette better. Great learning experience, even the most experienced analysts benefitted.
This training was very insightful and useful. The hands-on lessons, real-time results and one-on-one coaching was critical to improving my pipetting techniques.
Artel pinpoints the often overlooked aspects of pipetting and teaches users how to implement near perfect, repeatable results. A++ training.
This was the most beneficial training session I’ve ever attended as a scientist. You showed our weaknesses, taught how they happen and how to avoid them, then showed our improvement!
Request more information
Fill out the form below to receive more information about the Pipetting Proficiency Certification from an Artel specialist.