Artel is seeking an exceptional candidate for VP Finance to join our executive team as we grow our presence in the life sciences. This is an opportunity to lead a program which aims to be first in class in providing accounting and financial analysis, reports, tools, and support to a management team that tackles frequent new challenges – as the company’s offerings and customer base expand, and as we continue to raise the bar for innovation and efficiency while maintaining the company’s ultra-high quality standards.
You will have the chance to apply a broad range of skillsets, exercise judgment based on experience, and develop and communicate solutions to a variety of tactical and strategic issues which are key to operations, customer-facing programs, and technology development and acquisition. You will earn the satisfaction of helping your colleagues operate with maximum effectiveness as they bring new technologies to a dynamic market and achieve goals for growth and profitability. As well as a principal role within the company, the successful candidate will engage with external factors critical to sustainable company success.
As part of the growing Artel family, you will see how Artel strives to create a work environment that inspires all of our employees to be the best they can be, and to achieve personally meaningful goals which make a difference to the world and of which they can be proud. Employees rate the company culture, team spirit and support of career opportunities as key ingredients in their professional growth and personal job satisfaction.
The VP Finance will be challenged with a multi-faceted set of responsibilities, and must be organized, innovative, energetic, flexible, motivated, collaborative and insightful. A thorough understanding and proven facility in all aspects of finance and accounting, exceptional communications and relationship building skills, an entrepreneurial perspective in harnessing new ideas to reach business goals – are defining qualities for this position and are hallmarks of the candidate we are seeking.
- Management: Manage accounting policies and procedures; structure the finance and accounting organization to efficiently achieve the department’s objectives; oversee the accounting, cash management and treasury functions and supervise staff; interact with executive and departmental management to optimize growth and profitability.
- Strategic Planning: Assist in formulating and supporting corporate strategic initiatives; financial planning and budgeting; financial analysis for capital investments, pricing decisions, product development and acquisitions; cash flow, forecasting and borrowing needs; financing and tax strategies.
- Transactional & Oversight: Ensure correct handling and maintenance of accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger, banking relationships and reconciliations, debt payments, accounting controls, documentation and filing systems, financial and accounting information systems.
- Reporting: Provide timely and accurate monthly financial statements; performance measures supporting company strategic objectives; function-specific performance reports including departmental variances from plan, standard costs and contribution margins; periodic and annual business reviews.
- Compliance: Fulfill local, state, federal reporting requirements and tax filings; GAAP; requirements for annual audit and information to external auditors; debt covenants.
- Analytical Skills: Demonstrated strength in collecting and synthesizing complex information.
- Teamwork: Strong belief in developing team synergies, balancing group and individual responsibilities, building team spirit and commitments to goals and objectives.
- Problem Solving: History of applying insight and innovation to identify and resolve challenging problems.
- Communication: Mastery of insightful, clear and informative communication – spoken and written, in discussions, reports and presentations.
- Information Systems: Proficiency with ERP systems; and with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel modeling.
- People Management: Proven facility in bringing the best out of subordinates – attaining productivity, balancing assignments, encouraging skills development, and providing for professional growth.
- Professionalism: Unwavering adherence to professional ethics and integrity shown through actions and comportment.
Education and Experience
- Ten or more years of progressively responsible financial management experience.
- Significant experience in the life science tools market. Experience in laboratory products/services a plus.
- Undergraduate degree – with superior academic record. Graduate degree a plus.
How to Apply
Please respond by email with resume and cover letter to Deirdre Fisher, Human Resources Coordinator: email@example.com