To support the expanded application of Artel technology and continued growth of our customer base throughout the country, we are adding a Laboratory Technical Support Representative. This is an opportunity to be part of a team that is pre-eminent in the life science lab industry – in providing and supporting innovative technology to leading laboratory customers who insist on the integrity of all their laboratory test results. You will learn and apply the technologies critical to high accuracy and precision laboratory liquid handling, exercise your ability to develop and communicate solutions to problems under challenging conditions, gain exposure to a wide variety of laboratories, and earn the satisfaction of helping customers who are running critical assays gain confidence in the quality and efficiency of their assays, methods, instrumentation and techniques. In addition, you will play a large contributing role in launching a new hardware and software product to our customers and new prospects by the end of this year.
As part of the Artel family, you will see how Artel strives to create a work environment that motivates and inspires all our employees to be the best they can be, and to achieve personally meaningful goals which make a difference to the world and of which they can be proud. Employees rate the company culture, team spirit and support of career opportunities as key ingredients in their professional growth and personal job satisfaction.
The new addition to our Technical Services team will be challenged with a multi-faceted set of activities, and must be organized, flexible, energetic, motivated, and insightful. An understanding, familiarity, and proven facility with laboratory technologies and methods are the foundation for this position; exceptional communications and relationship building skills – the quality which sets the Artel team apart from our peers in this industry – are the hallmarks of an Artel Laboratory Technical Support Representative.
The successful candidate will provide technical support services direct from Artel, as well as at the customer’s site. Once you have gained a complete grasp of Artel technologies, products and services under the guidance of senior teammates – you will deliver support to customers via phone and email. As your skill sets build, you will go to customer labs, and provide installation, training and preventive maintenance services for Artel products: PCS® Pipette Calibration System, MVS® Multichannel Verification System, VMS™ Volume Measurement System, Pipetting Technique and Certification seminars, and new products as they are added. With increased experience and gaining of expertise, you will be a candidate for delivering Artel Liquid Handling Service – ranging from training laboratory technologists in liquid handling best practices (for pipettes and automated liquid handlers) to verification and optimization of customers’ automated liquid handling processes. Additionally, you will assist the sales and marketing teams by attending tradeshows and performing product demonstrations.
- A high degree of personal accountability and integrity.
- Superior work ethic, self-motivation, ability to prioritize, multi-task and work independently.
- Comfort and capability with information technology (MS Office, MS SQL, Salesforce or other CRM, Cloudsuite or other ERP); laboratory informatics skills a plus.
- Familiarity with regulations and standards including GMP, GLP, ISO; capability to operate in a regulated customer environment.
- Skills and speed in problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills in speech and writing.
- Ability to travel to customer sites and tradeshows.
- A high degree of professionalism, comportment appropriate to being an Artel ambassador to our customers.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without the need for employer sponsorship.
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in the sciences, completed with superior academic results. (Consideration will be applied to a candidate having a strong record of previous laboratory and field service/technical support experience, in lieu of degree.).
- Experience in laboratory procedures and methods.
- Experience in providing technical support.
How to Apply
Please respond by email with resume and cover letter to Deirdre Fisher: firstname.lastname@example.org